Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cold and Lack of Motivation

I was in the gym on Friday just staring off in the distance between sets, when this guy who was walking past me turned towards me and sneezed. He said "sorry" and walked off. He then made some awful sniffling sound that made it obvious he was super sick. I was pretty pissed off and really wanted to yell at him, but chickened out. Of course, I now have a pretty bad cold.

I know that it could just be a coincidence, but I am pretty sure it isn't. I don't even feel that bad and I could definitely be playing poker, but I just don't feel like it. It seems like this entire month has been me coming up with excuses not to play. It's either 1) tired after the gym, 2) sick, 3) games are reg-filled, 4) golf, or 5) leaving to London soon so have to do stuff for that.

I think I have hit a point now where I am pretty fed up with my lack of volume and am determined to change it. However, I have said that quite a few times this month and have not followed through. This time, that is not going to happen.

Silly August






















I am aiming to play 1000 super turbos from Monday-Friday. It will be like a regular work week. 1000 is probably around 30 hours of playing, so it isn't even much.

I will donate $10 to charity for each different person that leaves a comment in the next 24 hours if I don't play 1000 super turbos from Monday-Friday.

12 comments:

  1. 1000 is decent volume. Good luck!
    Cog Dissonance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Points 1-4 sound exactly like me recently :)
    Except ive been stuck in the zero motivation rut for about 2 months now!

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is me doing my part for charity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea who I am, but i read your blog along with a whole bunch of other players. Thought this would be the best time to comment... GL man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. The 24 hours is up, so that is 11 comments including mine. $110 goes to charity if I don't get the 1000 in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GL....but here is to the charity too.

    ReplyDelete