Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random Thoughts

I've been thinking a lot about how goal oriented I have become since starting to play super turbos. I think it's a little silly. I am 23 years old and am making more money that I thought I could have at this point of time. I think it's time to stop worrying about how much I make per month and just concentrate on playing the best poker I can. And more importantly, it's really important for me to just start enjoying playing poker more. I have taken the last couple of days of after a bad run and am enjoying relaxing and playing golf. I shot 79 after playing for the first time in 2 months, so that was nice.

For the rest of the month, I am going to not be so results and goal oriented and try to play lots and play well. My super turbo graph right now is depressing so I will post it after the weekend, where hopefully it looks a little better. When I was running badly in the past, my EV (red) line would still be going up without fail. Now my EV line is actually swinging on its own and has been going down. I am really worried about that. I think it's a combination of 2 factors - a) the games getting tougher and b) me not playing the best. I am not sure how much of each it is, but if it continues like this then I might have to move back to cash.

I really hope that my EV line keeps going up because otherwise super turbos are just too swingy and not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment